Blog #1: Political Ideology

Hi, my name is Kriselle (Kris for short), and I absolutely abhor history class. Politics is okay, though. I'm more of a math and science kind of kid myself, but I have some pretty strong opinions about current events and certain controversial topics. I intend on majoring in electrical engineering. Not to flex, but I'm also the president of Interact, the president of ARK, and Rainier's Senior Class VP.

Based on the Political Typology Quiz by the Pew Research Center, I am a solid liberal. Solid liberals are, as the name suggests, consistently liberal. We tend to advocate for a social safety net, same-sex marriage, positive relations with other countries, and efforts against discrimination. Solid liberals usually believe that America's current economic system unfairly favors powerful interests. I was not at all surprised by this result because, as I mentioned earlier, I have strong opinions about these topics, and my views tend to align with those of more liberal-leaning communities.

If you'd like to learn more about the general beliefs of liberals, feel free to watch the video below:


The segment about liberal views begins at 2:55. :)

My parents are much more conservative than I am (this leads to many arguments), but school and social media have always had a greater influence on my political views. I care most deeply about women's rights and the rights of the LGBT+ community because I am a woman going into STEM (which is overwhelmingly male-dominated), and a large number of people who I am close to identify as LGBT+.

That's me on the far right. Just kidding, haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #2: Political Parties

Blog #5: Voting & Elections